Tuesday, December 30

Top 5 Albums of 2008

I know, I know... You've all been eagerly awaiting my Top 5 for 2008. It was a super tough year to narrow it down to 5. 2008 was a year of great releases, but few of those releases stand the test of time.

Here they are:

5. This Will Destroy You - self titled: A super solid post rock album. Also probably the best cover of all time.

4. The Walkmen - You and Me: At first, I hated this album, but upon further listen, there is something reassuring about it.

3. Fleet Foxes - self titled, and Sun Giant: There is a lot of buzz about these albums. They are fantastic albums, but since I heard them really, really early on, they seem to have lost some of their luster. Even so, most of you will love this album and rave about it to all your friends.

2. Department of Eagles - In Ear Park: If you love Grizzly Bear, like I do, you will love Department of Eagles.

1. Bon Iver - For Emma Forever Ago: Best thing I have heard in a very long time. He's only officially released 10 songs in album form; but if you're a Bon Iver geek like I am, you will know that he has done session after session and keeps releasing different renditions of the same songs. Everything Justin Vernon does is "solid as a rock!"

Honorable Mentions (in no particular order):

TV on the Radio - Dear Science
Beach House - Devotion
M83 - Saturdays=Youth
Air France - No Way Down
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Lie Down In The Light
Sigur Ros - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust
Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
The Tallest Man On Earth - Shallow Graves

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]