Thursday, December 13

Top 5 Albums of 2007

Okay! I know 2007 is not over yet, but I thought I would start this list early.

Here are the rules, cause last time no one obeyed the rules!!!!
You can only post albums that were released in the Year 2007! I don't want to see any 2006, or 2005, or even 1992 releases. This isn't a list of what you've been listening to THIS year. This is a list of your top 5 albums from the YEAR 2007. Got it? Can I be anymore clear?

Okay, here's my list, nothing too crazy on this list. 2007 just proved to be such a good year for new releases, it was really hard to narrow it down to just 5.

1. Radiohead - In Rainbows
This album is brilliant. I don't know if it's my favorite radiohead album to date, but it is freaking brilliant. Next time you listen to it, pay particular attention to Colin's bass playing. He grooves so freaking hard on this album, harder than any other album. By the way, I put them in the number one spot not because it's my favorite release, but because it's simply the quintessential album of 2007.

2. Miracle Fortress - Five Roses
What a great record! This is the solo project of Graham Van Pelt. They're a canadian band, and I hear they opened for Stars across Canada. I feel bad for Stars cause the live performance of Miracle Fortess is majestic euphoria.

3. Broken Social Scene Presents: Kevin Drew - Spirit If
If you're a broken social scene fan, it's pretty hard not to like this album. Some of the songs are so catchy you may want to explode. Some of the other songs sound like the recordings of an entire band tripping on LSD, I think the good outweighs the bad on this one.

4. The National - Boxer
I can't stop listening to this album. I'll listen to it for a week straight and then get really bored of it; only to find a week later I'm listening to it again. The drumming on this album is just ridiculous! How does a guy come up with drum beats like that? (Warning: you may not like the singer's voice at first, but trust me it'll grow on you. It really suits the music too.)

5. The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
I almost forgot that this album was released in 2007. It was such an early release, and though I don't listen to it as much as I should, it makes the list none the less. If you haven't seen The Arcade Fire live, you really need to, NOW! This album is mesmorizingly beautiful.

Honorable mentions:
Like I mentioned earlier, it was really hard for me to narrow it down to just 5 releases.

Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga - I think most of you who read Stopfive will like this album.

Justice - t - If you want the catchiest danciest record you've ever heard? Justice is the answer.

Iron and Wine - The Shepherd's Dog - I was really tempted to put this on the list, such a solid record.

Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kortedala - I love anything Jens Lekman

The Acorn - Glory Hope Mountain - Again, I really wanted to put this on the list. I am continually surprised on how much talent Canada has right now!

Alright, enough of me, now it's your turn.
Remember, keep it to 2007 folks!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]