Wednesday, January 3

Top 5 Songs I couldn't get out of my head (and didn't mind) in '06 - the Level 1 (of 5) Music Snob version

1. "The Skin of my Yellow Country Teeth" - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
2. "Marching Bands of Manhattan" - Death Cab for Cutie
3. "Hell Yes" - Beck
4. "Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts" - Wolf Parade
5. "Read my Mind" - The Killers. I would just like to say, for the record, that this song wins my vote for song of the year. I've never heard such a richly layered, emotion packed, yet somehow energetic and driving ballad. The way this song swells reminds me of the ocean. At night. With lots of stars "blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun." I could listen to this song like 50 times in a row.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]