Wednesday, October 11

Top5 Things I Want To Do When I Fly East in the Spring

5. Tour the Parliament buildings on Parliament Hill in Ottawa with Marshall, with maybe a special trip into the House of Commons to unceremoniously touch the ceremonial mace in front of the Speaker's chair when nobody's around.
4. Maybe catch a concert at the National Arts Centre, and walk or skate the Rideau through Ottawa depending on the weather. I don't really have anything specific to put here.
3. Go to a Blue Jays game with Bryan. It's been a while since I was at the 'Dome. Or hung out with the Dube'.
2. Visit Metropolitan United Church on Queen street in downtown Toronto. Not only do they have the largest organ in Canada (a 76-year old Casavant with 500 miles of wire and 121 ranks of 7840 pipes) but this really cool bell instrument called a Carillon. It consists of 54 bells arrayed in a tower, all controlled by a pedal and key console also housed in the tower just underneath the bells. Apparently to play it you must pound the large keys with your fists while stomping on the great pedals with your feet. There are only a handful of Carillon players in Canada but one of them practices on Metropolitan's Carillon every weekday at lunch hour. I have got to hear this thing.
1. Go to Canada's Wonderlan---wait, I always throw up when I go here. Never mind, I'll go visit my cousins in Oakland instead.

Comments:
I think my uncle played that organ years ago.
 
u had better at some point come and visit me!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]