Tuesday, October 3

Top 5 Arrested Development Trivia

Preface: Ok, I realize I'm really late jumping on the bandwagon here, but I just finished watching all three seasons of Arrested Development, and I can honestly say I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard and so often, to the point of tears (or loss of other bodily liquids). This show is so funny it's almost painful. I try explaining to people why it's so funny, but it's impossible if you haven't watched it. I really hate to use the word "genius", because it's so overused, but this show is, without a doubt, comedy genius (or at least comedy with a relatively high IQ).

So here are five pieces of Arrested Development trivia I just read (and I'm quoting them all) that
I found interesting:

1. Amy Poehler who guest stars on a number of episodes as GOB's wife is in fact really married to the actor who plays GOB (Will Arnett) in real life.

2.
In the episode "The Ocean Walker", Tony Hale (Buster) dances and mimes to the song “Mr. Roboto”, in a reference to his prior role in the 1999 Volkswagen commercial.

3.
Tobias' "Nevernude" condition is a real psychological affliction known as gymnophobia, the fear of nude bodies.

4.
Jason Bateman's sister Justine guest-starred on one third season episode titled "Family Ties", a reference to Justine's popular 1980s sitcom and to her relation to Arrested Development star Jason. Jason Bateman had long lobbied producer Mitch Hurwitz to cast Justine in a guest role on the show, but Jason had originally wanted her to come on to play his character's love interest.

5.
David Cross (Tobias) improvises a large percentage of his character's dialog.

Bonus: Tony Hale (Buster)
met his future wife Martel at a Bible study group in New York.

Epilogue: If you need another good reason to watch the show, Super Dave shows up in one episode. And if that isn't reason enough, I don't know what is.

Comments:
Better late than never, Kyle.
Congratulations.
 
SUPER DAVE?!?!?!

i was a fan already (i have seen a few episodes at Conci'n'Otto's, and not any more since i have no connexions) but

FREAKIN SUPER DAVE!?!?!

genius.
 
Greatest. Show. Of. All. Time.
 
I think Super Dave is in a few episodes actually. PS Kyle, I'm coming out to Ontario in November. Where you at? Email me or something.
 
Welcome, Kyle...welcome. He he he.
 
Here's a funny picture:
http://throwingchicken.com/offsite/ArrestedDevelopment_Flat.jpg
 
The World's Most Powerful Sales Script for you will be one that is completely natural. Sometimes it seems ridiculous that we have to spend so much on clothes, but that's life.
The ѕite has a hugе ԁraw in terms of the size of
its customer base, it's been advertised and featured prominently both on television and in magazines (all free advertising for the handmade jewelry artist).

my web blog :: http://disciplesconnections.com/blogs/entry/planning-ahead-for-the-next-sale
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]