Monday, September 18

Top 5 Perks of my new job

1. I work in a newly renovated, hardwood floor, tons of windows, high class building that is just a block away from my house.
2. Since we're a "gaming" company of sorts, they decided that we need to have huge flat screen tv's all around - and one strictly for video games in our staff lounge.
3. Our staff lounge comes fully stocked with all sorts of snacks - bagels, pop, chips, yogurt, granola bars - coffee always on the go, and an espresso maker, complete with an assortment of Starbucks syrups.
4. We use Macs, have the highest speed internet available, and get to sit in super comfy leather chairs at big tables so can interact with one another (or listen to music...perhaps on an ipod which, apparently, the comapny just gave out to everyone as a random perk...too bad that was before my time).
5. *With a bullet* - My shift is 7 hours long, and I get paid for 7 hours, but with all the breaks and stuff, I really only work for 6 hours...and the last 15-30 minutes is spent online just playing Club Penguin.

(Honorable mention: Before lunch break today, we all got to take a break and go onto Club Penguin and host a party for all the kids, which consisted of us dressing up our penguins in cowboy gear and hanging out in the mine, dancing and chatting. And this is my job!!!!)

Comments:
Geeeeeeeeeeez.

Nice job!
 
Part of my Job is to bind up and cast out a teenager's addiction to anything INTERNET!!!! This includes video games, ipods, and internet communities!!!!

Your Job is from the DEVIL!
 
Dinner conversation must be awkward.
 
Man, you guys are ridiculous. I was talking on the phone to a student when I read this, and I had to put her on hold because I was cracking up.

I agree with Dan though.
 
slynn, that's way cool.

i work for apple! :D
 
so... this job you speak of... its like... real?
 
okay, so a few things...first of all daniel kang, the site is designed for children, not teenagers at all and it does teach educational things such as money management and social skills. secondly, dan donkers...you totally made me laugh with your comment, but why'd you have to pick sides. come on! and thirdly mattyrob (even though i don't know who you are), yes, this is a real job. and i get paid good, real, money. and today our xbox was installed. anyone want to move to kelowna???
 
Is it an X-Box 360? You'll need that when Halo 3 comes out... Mmmm, Halo 3....
 
wow, so what is this amazing job of yours?! and i'm sure you know me! Okay, you probably don't, I just know a few people who know this blog. Good ol' randominion showed me the way here...
 
mattyrob, check out www.clubpenguin.com
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]