Tuesday, August 22

Top 5 Memorable Quotes Read or Heard This Past Week

1. "If you have issues, Jesus has tissues."
(Poster on a message board.)

2. Asked what he would do first, if he had won the forty million dollar lottery last week:
"I'd buy a pony."

(A guy at work who must be 55-60 years old--and said with a straight face.)

3. "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."
(The Go-Between, L.P. Hartley)

4. "She knocked me out. I mean it. I was half in love with her by the time we sat down [from dancing]. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls...They can drive you crazy. They really can.
(The Catcher In the Rye, J.D. Salinger)

5. "I also find it funny how time chisels at the once monumental and detailed events of our lives, such as relationships and their end, and after some years you are able to concisely and dispassionately summarize something that once consumed your entire being. Just for that, time is my friend, not my enemy."
(Posted on a blog I stumbled across.)

Comments:
sweet fancy moses! This is a first! To be quoted along JD Salinger - I almost feel I must beg you to take my quote down. geez. a thousand thanks for your kind words.

FYI, I thought of that after I had told a good friend about a relationship & the eventual bad breakup I had 3 yrs ago.
 
Haha -- well, what can I say? You said, very articulately, exactly what I needed to be reminded of at that moment. I've thought of that quote often this past week. It gave me a sense of hope that I've been needing. So just for that -- I'm leaving it right there with Salinger!
 
oh, I'm so glad. Mt. Vesuvius (sp?) will one day be a tiny lava rock. I promise.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]