Friday, March 3

Top 5 names for things that you didn't know had names...

1) ARMSAYE-The armhole in clothing.

2) FERRULE-The metal band on a pencil that holds the eraser in place.

3) SPRAINTS-Otter dung.

4) ROWEL-The revolving star on the back of a cowboy's spurs.

5) OCTOTHORPE-The symbol `#' on a telephone handset. Bell Labs' engineer Don Macpherson created the word in the 1960s by combining octo-, as in eight, with the name of one of his favourite athletes, 1912 Olympic decathlon champion Jim Thorpe.

Comments:
how sad it must be to be remembered as "the number sign guy"
 
I used to work at a camp in the summers. The otters used to come up on our docks at night and leave their spraints all over the place.
It consists mostly of crumbled up seashells. But it's still gross.
 
Aglett=

The plastic bit on the end of shoe laces.

Beckie's brother (shes hates it when I spell it wrong!!)
 
You're a geek, but I love you.
 
I guess I love you too...*Que 'tender moment' violin song from Full House*

im eating an icecream sandwitch. IS THAT OK WITH YOU!?

--somebody's brother
 
When I say somebody, I meen 'Beckey or Jenn'....Just to clear up any misshapps...
 
this post is fun! fun like guns! or buns... or mums... or kljdsfl;jks
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]