Wednesday, January 18

Top 5 Songs that Intrigue Me

1. "Wheat Kings" - The Tragically Hip. I've only heard this song twice. It is beautiful. I don't feel like I know a song until I've heard it at least 5 times. Thus, it intrigues me.
2. "Soul meets Body" - Death Cab for Cutie. I saw these guys perform it live on SNL. I now want to see them live. They're all hilariously beefy.
3. "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" - David Bowie. I mean, seriously, what's that all about?
4. "Screaming Infidelities" - Dashboard Confessional. I've just never heard such an epic drum part for such an acoustic song. Always gets my attention.
5. "Where are You?" - Our Lady Peace. Is it happy? Is it sad? You be the judge.

Comments:
My Sister's older, cool friends used to always sit around my house growing up playing guitar.

Wheat kings was one of their staples

it holds a special place in my heart.

as for Screaming infidelities: it intrigues everyone by its cleverness, and relevance
 
Wheat Kings is great...but so is most of the Hip's plethora of compositions. Get the box-set, it's phenomenal and only $45.

Dashboard is the only other song on the list that I know, a champion of the entire emo genre. I once heard emo described as "I wish I had a girlfriend so I could get dumped and write a song about it", and who says that better than Chris Carabba?
 
6. "fix you" by cold play...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]